You should read the whole document for the complete story, but here's a brief summary:
- Don't copy or use anything on our websites/apps without the appropriate permissions.
- Don't rely on anything on the website or our apps – they are for general information only and it might be outdated or incorrect. We don't guarantee to keep everything up to date.
- We can change or get rid of or suspend access to the websites/apps if we want to.
- We don't take any responsibility for other websites/apps linked to ours.
- We exclude liability for losses incurred because of our websites/apps to the full extent allowed by the Law of England and Wales.
- Our chatbot apps use content generated by OpenAI. This can be can be false, misleading and unhelpful, and should be treated with extreme caution
- Don't do anything evil with our websites/apps
- You can link to our websites/apps, but only in a legal and nice way.
- You can't do it if it will damage our reputation or to give the impression we in any way endorse or are associated with your websites/apps (unless we do, then get our permission in an email!).
- Write to us at email@example.com if you've got any questions about these terms and conditions.
The Hobbyist Software websites and apps (websites/apps) are operated by Hobbyist Software Limited ( also referred to as “we” and “our” in these terms). Information about Hobbyist Software Ltd is shown in the footer of this page.
- Hobbyist Software Limited is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our websites/apps and in the material published on them. All intellectual property rights are reserved and you should get appropriate permissions before reproducing any of our content.
- Everything posted on our websites/apps is intended as general information is not intended to be advice (professional or otherwise) on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on material on our websites/apps by any visitor to our websites/apps, or by anyone who may be informed of any of their contents. The contents of our websites/apps might be out of date and we have no obligation to keep thes updated.
- The content displayed on our websites/apps is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we and any third parties connected to us expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our websites/apps or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our websites/apps, any websites/apps linked to them and any materials posted on them including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue
- loss of data
- loss of business
- loss of goodwill
- loss of profits or contracts
- loss of anticipated savings
- wasted management or office time
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
- For the avoidance of doubt, in the case of chatbot apps such as Chatter, the content is generated by OpenAI. You can read their policies here. This content can be false, misleading and unhelpful, and should be treated with extreme caution
- We grant you access to the websites/apps on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend them without notice. We may also close our websites/apps indefinitely or suspend access to them
- For chatbot-based apps such as Chatter, a fair usage policy applies. If you are making excessive use of the service, then we may limit or stop your access. If we believe that you are abusing the service, then we may stop your access. If you have paid a subscription for this access, then we will be happy to offer a pro-rated refund.
- You must not do evil to or with our websites/apps; for example by knowingly introducing material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our websites/apps, the server(s) on which our websites/apps are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our websites/apps.
- You can link to our websites/apps, if you do so in a way that is legal and appropriate and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link that suggests association with Hobbyist Software, or approval or endorsement on our part unless you have our written permission.
- Where our websites/apps have links to other websites/apps and information/resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for information only. We don't have control over third party websites/apps, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from you using them.
- By using our websites/apps, you agree to send us a cutlass or a box of chocolates (dairy free please) every 'talk like a pirate' day. Chocolates should be marked 'Hobbyist Ts&Cs' and sent by registered post to the registered company address.
- Our failure to expressly enforce any provision of these terms and conditions does not waive our rights to enforce that or any other provision.
- The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our websites/apps.
- Any questions about these terms and conditions or anything else to do with Hobbyist Software Limited, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.