Sit anywhere in your house and use your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad to see what your kids are doing on their computers.
Cyber safety is a challenge. Unless you are leaning over your kid's shoulders it can be hard to know what they're doing on their computers. Watchover provides screenshots, so you can see what they see. Watchover also records which programs are being used, when they are used, and for how long. Just like watching your kids in the park, Watchover lets you keep an eye on them from a distance.
So while the children are in their bedrooms, you can connect from your iPhone, iPod or iPad and view what they've been doing for the last few days - or see what is on their screens right now.
"I have a technologically advanced 13 year old boy (are there any other kind today?), and I've been looking hard for an unobtrusive, non-invasive way of keeping an eye on his internet browsing. We've tried various other approaches... Some of them got quite loud!
Watchover provides concerned and caring parents with a way to discretely monitor their children’s online experience and the time they spend on their computers without overtly invading their space. Everybody wins.
I will, sincerely, be recommending this app to every parent I know.
- Free helper app for you to install on the computers you want to monitor
- Screenshots are stored every minute, and kept for two weeks
- NB: Watchover will take screenshots for most normal applications, however, it can't capture screenshots for some graphics-intensive applications like 3d games - although it will record that the games are active
- You can easily browse the screenshots, or even look at all screenshots for a particular application (like Internet Explorer).
- Statistics page shows you which applications are used the most, and for how long
- Applications page shows when applications were running, and when they were actively being used
- Watchover Owl is always active in the taskbar so that your children know you are supervising them
- Supports Mac OS 10.5 intel and above
- Supports Windows, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Watchover block any websites, emails or people?
Will my kids know Watchover is installed?
- No. Watchover is just a monitoring app, it won't stop your kids from doing anything at all. Watchover only monitors what is going on on the computer.
What will Watchover show me?
- Yes. Hobbyist Software's philosophy is to encourage appropriate computer use and safety through responsibility. The Watchover Owl appears in the application tray (Windows) or the Menu bar (Mac OS) to let your kids know you are looking out for them. The idea of Watchover is to give them some freedom to use the computer responsibly and appropriately, with the security of knowing you are there to help and keep them safe.
- See the screenshots below for examples.